Online Form 1 - Application for Licensure
All applicants for licensure must initially submit Form 1 along with the $115 licensure and first registration fee. You must answer all questions and provide all information requested unless otherwise indicated. Failure to accurately complete all required parts of the application will delay its review. Additional forms below are required based on the licensure requirements of the profession. Do not use Form 1 to renew your existing license.
Continuing Your Application
If you have started an application within the past 30 days, and have not yet completed it, you can use this link to continue your application. You will need your Application ID, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth.
Upload Additional Documentation
If you have already completed an application, but you have additional documents or files to include in your previous submission, use this link to upload additional documentation. You will need your Application ID and Date of Birth.
Form 2 - Certification of Professional Education
This form must be submitted directly from the professional school you attended.
- Section I: Complete this section of the form. Be sure to sign and date item 8 and send the form to your school.
- Section II: Request that your school complete this section and attach an official transcript and mail the form and additional documentation directly to the Office of the Professions at the address at the end of the form. Be sure to include any fee required by the school.
Form 3 - Verification of Other Professional Licensure/Certification
Complete this form if you hold, or have ever held, a license or certificate to practice any profession* in any jurisdiction.
This form must be submitted directly by the licensing/certifying authority. The Office of the Professions will not accept this form if submitted by the applicant.
- Section I: Complete this section before sending the entire form to the licensing/certifying authority of each jurisdiction in which you are or have been licensed/certified. Be sure to sign and date item 9.
- Section II: The licensing/certifying authority must complete this section, sign, date and return both pages of the form directly to the Office of the Professions at the address at the end of the form.
NOTE: A Form 3 is not required for licenses/certificates issued by the New York State Education Department. Also, If the certification/verification documentation provided by U.S. jurisdiction contains the same information requested in the Form 3, completion of a Form 3 for that jurisdiction is not necessary. For certification/verification documentation that does not contain the same information, a Form 3 will need to be completed for that jurisdiction.
*Profession is defined as professional titles licensed under New York State Education Law.
Form 4 - Certification of Experience
This form must be submitted directly from the supervisor certifying your professional experience.
- Section I: Complete this section of the form. Be sure to sign and date item 10 and send the form to the supervisor with whom you worked to complete Section II of the form. A separate Form 4 should be submitted from each employer/supervisor certifying your experience directly to the Office of the Professions.
Last Updated: April 9, 2020