3. I am licensed in another state as a nurse. Does New York State participate in the Nursing Licensure Compact?
4. What should I do if my name or address changes while I am applying for a license or certificate or after I am licensed or certified?
5. Must I disclose criminal convictions or prior misconduct when I apply for a New York State nursing license?
6. Will a prior criminal conviction prevent me from obtaining a license or registration to practice nursing in New York?
11. I was a student in an RN education program but did not graduate. Am I eligible to take NCLEX-PN to become licensed as an LPN?
13. Am I required to be licensed and registered as an LPN or RN by the New York State Education Department (NYSED)?
15. I am licensed by New York State to practice nursing. I want to apply online to renew my nursing registration, but I do not have my Personal Identification Number (PIN). How do I find out what my PIN number is?
21. I have already registered to take the NCLEX with Pearson VUE. When will I receive my Authorization to Test (ATT)?
22. Can the New York State Education Department issue me an ATT or an ATT number or tell me when Pearson VUE will issue me an ATT or ATT number?
25. Can a nursing school graduate provide nursing services before being licensed and registered to practice as an LPN or RN in New York?
27. I recently graduated with a BN/BScN/BSN degree from a Canadian University. What are the steps for applying for licensure as an RN in New York State?
28. I didn't go to college in the United States. I graduated from a nursing school in another country. What are the steps for applying for licensure as an RN in New York State?
29. I went to nursing school in another country and want to be an RN in New York State. When will I be allowed to take the NCLEX-RN?
Last Updated: August 15, 2019