The practice of land surveying or use of the title "land surveyor" within New York State requires licensure.
To be licensed as a land surveyor in New York State you must:
- be of good moral character;
- be at least 21 years of age;
- meet education requirements;
- meet examination requirements; and
- meet experience requirements.
You must file an Application for Licensure (Form 1) and the other forms indicated, along with the appropriate fee, to the Office of the Professions at the address specified on each form. It is your responsibility to follow up with anyone you have asked to send us material.
You should also read the general licensing information applicable for all professions.