Online Form 1 - Application for Licensure
All applicants for licensure must initially submit Form 1 along with the $200 licensure and first registration fee. You must answer all questions and provide all information requested unless otherwise indicated. Failure to accurately complete all required parts of the application will delay its review. Additional forms below are required based on the licensure requirements of the profession. Do not use Form 1 to renew your existing license.
Continuing Your Application
If you have started an application within the past 30 days, and have not yet completed it, you can use this link to continue your application. You will need your Application ID, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth.
Upload Additional Documentation
If you have already completed an application, but you have additional documents or files to include in your previous submission, use this link to upload additional documentation. You will need your Application ID and Date of Birth.
Form 2 - Certification of Professional Education
This form must be submitted directly by the educational institution(s) you attended. The Office of the Professions will not accept this form if submitted by the applicant.
- Section I: Complete this section before sending the entire form to your institution(s). Be sure to sign and date item 9.
- Section II: The Registrar must complete this section and return all pages of the form directly to the Office of the Professions at the address at the end of the form.
Form 3 - Verification of Other Professional Licensure/Certification
Complete this form if you hold, or ever held, a license or certificate to practice any profession* in any jurisdiction.
This form must be submitted directly by the licensing/certifying authority. The Office of the Professions will not accept this form if submitted by the applicant.
- Section I: Complete this section before sending the entire form to the licensing/certifying authority of each jurisdiction in which you are or have been licensed/certified. Be sure to sign and date item 8.
- Section II: The licensing/certifying authority must complete this section, sign, date and return both pages of the form directly to the Office of the Professions at the address at the end of the form.
Note: A Form 3 is not required for licenses/certificates issued by the New York State Education Department. Also, If the certification/verification documentation provided by a U.S. jurisdictions contains the same information requested in the Form 3, completion of a Form 3 for that jurisdiction is not necessary. For certification/verification documentation that does not contain the same information, a Form 3 will need to be completed for that jurisdiction.
* Profession is defined as one of the professional titles licensed under New York State Education Law.
NOTE: This form is to verify other professional licensure only and should NOT be used to verify New York City Certification of Qualification or any affiliations with professional associations or organizations. A Form 3 is not required for licenses/certificates issued by the New York State Education Department.
Form 5 - Application for a Limited Permit
- Section I: If you are applying for a limited permit, complete this section before having your prospective supervising physician* complete Section II. Be sure to sign and date item 9.
- Section II: Have your supervising physician complete Section II.
Return the completed form with the $105 fee to the Office of the Professions at the address at the end of the form.
*The prospective supervising physician must be a licensed physician practicing anatomic pathology.