Use this form only if you are or have been licensed as a land surveyor in another jurisdiction or if you want to verify that you passed the Fundamentals of Land Surveying Examination and/or the Principles and Practice of Land Surveying examination in another jurisdiction.
If applying for 7208(b) Interim practice, verification of licensure from your current jurisdiction of residence is required.
This form must be submitted directly by the licensing authority. The Office of the Professions will not accept this form if submitted by the applicant.
- Section I: Complete this section before sending the entire form to each appropriate licensing authority. Be sure to sign and date item 8.
- Section II: The licensing authority must complete this section, sign, date and return all pages of the form directly to the Office of the Professions at the address at the end of the form.
Note: A Form 3 is not required for licenses/certificates issued by the New York State Education Department. Also, If the certification/verification documentation provided by a U.S. jurisdictions contains the same information requested in the Form 3, completion of a Form 3 for that jurisdiction is not necessary. For certification/verification documentation that does not contain the same information, a Form 3 will need to be completed for that jurisdiction.
Please photocopy this form as needed.
Electronic Verification of Licensure, Certification and/or Examination
The Office of the Professions (OP) will accept electronic verifications of licensure, certification and examination completion from other licensing authorities located in the United States or Canada provided that:
- OP can independently authenticate that the verification is received directly from the licensing authority.
- The applicant had no opportunity to directly access or alter the verification before it is sent or transmitted.
- Any licensing authority verification submissions should be made electronically to DPLSVerif@nysed.gov.*
*DO NOT use this email to submit a question, as we will be unable to provide a response. Submit a Contact Us Form for questions regarding specific applications or to check the status of a licensure application.