Online Form 1 - Application for Licensure
All applicants for licensure must initially submit Form 1 along with the $377 licensure and first registration fee. You must answer all questions and provide all information requested unless otherwise indicated. Failure to accurately complete all required parts of the application will delay its review. Additional forms below are required based on the licensure requirements of the profession. Do not use Form 1 to renew your existing license.
Continuing Your Application
If you have started an application within the past 30 days, and have not yet completed it, you can use this link to continue your application. You will need your Application ID, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth.
Upload Additional Documentation
If you have already completed an application, but you have additional documents or files to include in your previous submission, use this link to upload additional documentation. You will need your Application ID and Date of Birth.
Change Address or Name You are required to notify us within 30 days of any address or name changes. Please read the instructions to request this change.
Form 2 - Certification of Professional Education
This form must be completed and submitted by the educational institution; the Office of the Professions will not accept Form 2 if it is submitted by the applicant.
- Section I: Complete this section of the form before sending it to your school.
- Section II: The Registrar must complete the appropriate parts of this section and return the form directly to the Office of the Professions' Division of Professional Licensing Services at the mailing address at the end of the form.
The School must attach a transcript showing all courses you completed and the specific degree awarded (if any) to you.
Form 3 - Verification of Other Professional Licensure/Certification
Complete this form if you hold, or ever held, a license or certificate to practice any profession* in any jurisdiction.
This form must be submitted directly by the licensing/certifying authority. The Office of the Professions will not accept this form if submitted by the applicant.
- Section I: Complete this section before sending the entire form to the appropriate licensing/certifying authority. Be sure to sign and date item 9. A separate Form 3 must be submitted for all licenses/certificates you have ever held except those issued by the New York State Education Department.
- Section II: The licensing/certifying authority must complete this section, sign, date and return both pages of the form directly to the Office of the Professions at the address at the end of the form.
NOTE: A Form 3 is not required for licenses/certificates issued by the New York State Education Department. Also, If the certification/verification documentation provided by a U.S. jurisdictions contains the same information requested in the Form 3, completion of a Form 3 for that jurisdiction is not necessary. For certification/verification documentation that does not contain the same information, a Form 3 will need to be completed for that jurisdiction.
*Profession is defined as professional titles licensed under New York State Education Law.
Form 4 - Report of Professional Experience
If you have completed experience required for licensure, complete this form and submit it with your Form 1 to the address at the end of the form. Be sure to sign and date item 6.
Form 4A - Verification of Experience
One of these forms must be completed and submitted by each employer or client who can attest to the professional experience for which you are seeking credit. The Office of the Professions will not accept this form if submitted by the applicant.
- Section I: Complete this section and forward this form to the appropriate employer or client.
- Section II: The employer or client must complete this section and return the form directly to the Office of the Professions at the mailing address at the end of the form.