This form must be submitted directly by the licensing authority.
Use this form to
- verify that you passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination prior to October 2010. For FE examinations taken October 2010 and after, your examination results will automatically be verified through the NCEES sytem by the New York State Education Department.
- verify that you passed the Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) examination in another jurisdiction.
- verify licensure and current registration in another jurisdiction.
- Section I: Complete this section and be sure to sign and date item 8.
- Section II: Send this to the jurisdiction(s) in which you are licensed or wish to have examination grades transferred from and ask that they complete this section and return the form directly to the Office of the Professions.
Note: A Form 3 is not required for licenses/certificates issued by the New York State Education Department. Also, If the certification/verification documentation provided by a U.S. jurisdictions contains the same information requested on the Form 3, completion of a Form 3 for that jurisdiction is not necessary. If the certification/verification documentation does not contain the same information as the Form 3, a Form 3 will need to be completed for that jurisdiction.
If you are applying for New York State Licensure using the NCEES record, this form is not required.
Electronic Verification of Licensure, Certification and/or Examination
The Office of the Professions (OP) will accept electronic verifications of licensure, certification and examination completion from other licensing authorities located in the United States provided that:
- OP can independently authenticate that the verification is received directly from the licensing authority.
- The applicant had no opportunity to directly access or alter the verification before it is sent or transmitted.
- Any licensing authority verification submissions should be made electronically to DPLSVerif@nysed.gov.*
*DO NOT use this email to submit a question, as we will be unable to provide a response. Submit a Contact Us Form for questions regarding specific applications or to check the status of a licensure application.