Documentation of professional education should be sent to either the State Education Department or to CPA Examination Services for review, pursuant to the directions provided below. Transcripts and the appropriate forms must be submitted directly by the educational institutions you attended.
Submission to the State Education Department
Have all of your educational institutions submit Form 2 and your transcripts to the State Education Department only if:
- you received your post-secondary education in whole or in part from outside the United States, or
- you have already passed the Uniform CPA Examination, either in New York or in another jurisdiction.
The form 2 should be completed as follows:
- Form 2, Section I: Complete this section of the form before sending it to your school.
- Form 2, Section II: The Registrar must complete this section and return the form directly to the Office of the Professions at the address on the form.
Submission to CPA Examination Services
If your post-secondary education is from entirely within the U.S. and you have not already passed the Uniform CPA Examination you must send your transcripts and CPA Examination Services' New York Registered Program form (if appropriate) for review to:
Electronic Education Documentation
The Office of the Professions (OP) will accept official electronic transcripts and forms from educational institutions (i.e. colleges/universities) or designated third-party* transcript entities located in the United States provided that:
- The transcript is the certified true and official academic record and the document does NOT have an expiration date**.
- OP can independently verify that the documentation is received directly from the educational institution’s registrar or officially designated third-party.
- If a third-party transcript provider is involved, it is clear that the educational institution has designated the third party as the official sole provider of its transcripts.
- The applicant had no opportunity to directly access or alter the transcript before it is sent or transmitted.
- Any educational institution education documentation submissions should be made electronically to DPLSEduc@nysed.gov***.
*OP will only accept third-party submissions after we have determined that the arrangement between the educational institution and the third party is consistent with our security and verification standards.
**Transcript documents with expiration dates cannot be accepted. Expirations on links to the document are acceptable.
***Do NOT use this email to submit a question, as we will be unable to provide a response. Submit a Contact Us Form for questions regarding specific applications or to check the status of a licensure application.