To be licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in New York State you must:
- be of good moral character;
- be at least 21 years of age;
- meet education requirements;
- meet examination requirements; and
- meet experience requirements.
The specific requirements for licensure are contained in Title 8, Article 149, Section 7404 of New York's Education Law and Part 70 of the Commissioner's Regulations.
You should also read the general licensing information applicable for all professions.
NOTE: Files may be purged when an applicant has not had any activity for approximately 10 years. Contact the Department for submission requirements.