Skip to main content
Welcome to the Office of the Professions’ newly redesigned website. Portions of this site may still be under development, so if you experience any issues or have any questions please submit a Website Feedback Form.
  • NYSED Homepage
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • NYSED Employment
  • Board Members Only

Section VIII Certificate of Authorization to Provide Engineering/Land Surveying/Geology Services

Section 7210 of New York State Education Law requires that all business entities providing professional engineering, geology, and/or land surveying services in the State of New York obtain a "Certificate of Authorization to provide Engineering and/or Land Surveying Services in New York State" from the State Education Department.

Please submit a completed Certificate of Authorization Form by mail to:

New York State Education Department
Division of Professional Licensing Services
Professional Corporations Unit
89 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12234-1000
Phone: 518-474-3817 ext. 400

Once the Certificate of Authorization has been issued, the New York State Education Department will automatically send a renewal application to the business entity every three years.